Project Management Overview
2 Day Course
Participants will be asked to think of their experiences in a previous or current project and come prepared to share and contribute to the course.
Project environments are dynamic, fast paced and (should be) focused on delivery. The role and skills of a project manager are varied and vital to ensuring success of a project. This interactive course will equip project managers with the effective tools you need to run a project from start to finish.
Who will this course benefit?
Existing Project Managers or anyone who is involved in running projects.
By the end of this 2 day course, you will be able to:
- Clarify what a project is and how it differs from day to day business
- State the factors which contribute to the success of failure of a project
- Describe the roles within a project and how they relate to each other
- Explain the life cycle and stage of a project
- Demonstrate the use of planning, monitoring and control tool to include: Network diagrams/PERT charts/Gantt with dependencies, time and critical path analysis/Organisational breakdown structures/Resource analysis/Check points and milestones/Cost benefit analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Incorporate alterations to the original plan