- Duration 3 days
Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions to architects on how to optimize the use of the AWS cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. Because architectural solutions may differ depending on the industry, type of applications, and size of the business, this course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. It also presents case studies throughout the course that showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented. Opportunities to build a variety of infrastructures via a guided, hands-on approach are also provided.
This course is intended for Solutions Architects and Solution Design Engineers
In this course you will learn to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
- Core AWS Knowledge
- Designing Your Environment
- Making Your Environment Highly Available
- Forklifting an Existing Application onto AWS
- Event-Driven Scaling
- Automating and Decoupling Your Infrastructure
- Designing Storage at Scale
- Hosting a New Web Application on AWS
- The Four Pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Disaster Recovery and Failover Strategies
- Troubleshooting Your Environment
- Large-Scale Design Patterns and Case Studies
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials (GK4501) or full understanding of the topics covered in that course
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
This course will be delivered through a mix of instructor-led training (ILT) and hands-on labs.
Follow on Courses
- Advanced Architecting on AWS