This workshop, specifically developed for the needs of Leaders and Senior Management Teams, explores what the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation means for the Board and SMT. It encourages the Board to be more actively involved in managing the risks around data management and protection.
After signing any necessary NDAs, we usually develop this course in relation to an organisation’s data management and protection strategy and its cybersecurity strategy.
The session encourages the SMT to think about:
- How can data be used more effectively while still ensuring data protection compliance?
- What is data management risk appetite?
- Instilling a data protection culture within your organisation
- Future financial and HR implications for data protection, particularly for cybersecurity
On completing this course Managers and Leaders will be able to:
- Be aware of the changes to EU data protection rules
- Understand governance implications for the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998
- Understand the background and purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Understand what the 8 principles of data protection are and understand how they relate to the workplace and themselves
- Know what is expected of businesses in respect to data security, including the penalties for those who break the law
- Know what rights data subjects have under the Data Protection Act
This course will benefit?
Senior Leaders and Management Teams
Maximum number of participants