Sometimes we find that the behaviours and demands of certain people, including our customers, can be challenging. Developing the skills and confidence to manage these relationships in a way which ensures an effective outcome for the customer without having a negative impact on ourselves is key.
Who will this course benefit?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to build effective strategies to use in dealing with difficult people whether they are customers, colleagues, supervisors or members of the team.
After this interactive course participants will be able to:
- Understand our own personality style and personal triggers
- Recognize the four main behavioural and communication styles of challenging people and the underlying reasons for these behaviours
- Develop skills in developing strategies to cope with the challenge
- Have words and phrases that you can rely on to use in future
- Have greater confidence transforming negative situations into win-win positive outcomes
Throughout this highly interactive course, there are opportunities to practice and test the skills you are learning.
- Practice communicating with challenging people effectively
- Tailoring your response to their style so your message gets across
- Managing anger
- Practice using techniques to manage emotions
- Transform negative attitudes into positive ones