Finance for Non – Financial Managers
The aim of this course is to give delegates a thorough grounding in the latest financial analysis skills and techniques.
- You will learn how to construct and manipulate the three important financial statements, namely cash flow, balance sheets and the income statement
- Using recent, fresh case studies we will examine how to value a company, to work out how well it is doing. The basics of credit analysis
- You will learn how your company evaluates capital projects and makes it investment choices
- We will examine with the help of case studies, the crucial role of finance in creating, then executing strategy
- By the end of the workshop you will be comfortable talking to the CFO and even talk some of their language
You will gain a wide range of practical experience through many exercises, discussions and case studies. Our finance training directly addresses delegate challenges and learning objectives leading to the understanding of the principles of corporate finance. Over 60 percent of the course is going to be delegate input; discussions, working in groups and analyzing financial data.
The course workbook will include at the rear a series of articles, aide memoires and bullet points on the key financial issues covered. There will also be a further free section on the best and latest in good budgetary practice.
The workshop will help participants to:
- Explain the nature and purpose of the Finance department
- Learn how your organisation raises and spends its money
- The difference between cash and profit
- Analyse, understand and manage their own Profit and Loss accounts more effectively
- Understand the importance of cash flow and cash management
- Gain greater confidence about their understanding of financial terms and jargon
- Contribute more effectively to Budgeting discussions & negotiations
- Recognise areas of concern and recommend ideas for improving financial performance and productivity
- Understand the importance and relevance of financial principles such as Return on Capital and Gearing
- Talk to finance team on an even level
Managers who would like to develop an understanding of finance