From the first step on the management ladder to a giant stride in effectiveness: This powerful, intensive and informative course addresses all the fundamental tools and techniques a new manager or team leader will need, to undertake their role successfully. Participants on this practical course are encouraged to do, reflect, record, review and share. As comfort zones are challenged, clarity emerges and confidence is boosted.
This course helps learners to:
- Identify the critical factors which influence their performance as managers and those reporting directly to them
- Describe their own interpersonal relationship style and its impact on those they lead
- Be better able to lead the variety of people they manage and control resources
- Understand the communication processes necessary to develop an effective team
- Improve their planning and management of projects and tasks
- Better understand the importance of managing risk and the need to contingency plans
All those new to first-line management, team leadership or supervisory roles.
- The role of the manager
- Planning for Management
- What you manage?
- Managing Teams – What changes can managers make?
- Evening work: Planning Activity, Group Presentation
- Group Presentations
- Self Management Tools
- Managing Change – Making it Happen
- Review, Action Plan & Close