Introduction to Management
From the first step on the management ladder to a giant stride in effectiveness: This powerful, intensive and informative workshop addresses all the fundamental tools and techniques a new manager or team leader will need, to undertake their role successfully. Participants on this practical course are encouraged to do, reflect, record, review and share. As comfort zones are challenged, clarity emerges and confidence is boosted.
Who will this course benefit?
All those new to first line management, team leadership or supervisory roles. This course is the equivalent of the Institute of Leadership and Management’s module one approved first line management programme.
By the end of the course Managers will be able to:
- Identify the critical factors which influence their performance as managers and those reporting directly to them
- Describe their own interpersonal relationship style and its impact on those they lead
- Be better able to lead the variety of people they manage and control resources
- Understand the communication processes necessary to develop an effective team
- Improve their planning and management of projects and tasks
- Better understand the importance of managing risk and the need to contingency plans