Managing and Influencing Stakeholders
This workshop is aimed at anyone who interacts with stakeholders including clients. It helps build relationships by focusing on key customer service skills such as enhanced listening, identifying stakeholder needs, adapting personal style to suit the interaction and how to give effective advice on a product or service, whilst also looking at the skills needed to influence and persuade.
Who will this course benefit?
Anyone in a project management or client facing role who is looking to build effective relationships with others, balance potentially conflicting requirements and achieve win-win outcomes.
After this interactive course participants will be able to:
- Understand and be able to use proven models for identifying stakeholder needs
- Understand and use emotional intelligence skills to enhance stakeholder relations
- Recognise the role emotional intelligence plays in managing and understanding others based on self-awareness and self-management
- The six principles of persuasion
- Be confident in clarifying stakeholder needs to eliminate misunderstanding
- Have the confidence to challenge requirements, negotiate and offer alternatives
- Manage conflicting demands
- Enhance your interpersonal and effective communication skills
Throughout this highly interactive course there are opportunities to practice and test the skills you are learning.
- Practicing enhanced listening and questioning skills
- Balancing different needs and objectives
- Overcoming objections
- Gain self-awareness of your own style
- Practice flexibility and adapting your style to meet stakeholder preferences
- Have the opportunity to practice key elements of the learning in a safe environment
Maximum number of participants: