Delegates should be familiar with the basics of using Microsoft Excel, but do not need to have experience of entering formulae.
By the end of this one-day course, delegates will feel confident in their ability to create and manipulate worksheets and produce printed reports.
Other versions available – 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Introduction – The Screen, Backstage View, Shortcuts, Drag and Drop, Filling in Range, Using the right mouse button, Tell Me.
- Basic Skills – Cursor Movement, Using Go To, Highlighting Areas of the Worksheet, Entering Data, Editing a Cell Entry, Deleting a Cell or Range of Cells, Undo and Redo, Repeating the last command, Flash Fill, AutoComplete, Inserting Deleting Rows & Columns, Using Zoom.
- Entering Formulae – Entering Simple Calculations, Copying a Formula, Circular References, Using AutoSum, Entering a Formula using Quick Analysis, Statistical Functions, Relative and Absolute, Printing Cell Formulae, Using AutoCalculate.
- Formatting – Bold, Italics and Underline, Increase and Decrease Font Size, Adding Grid Lines, Adding Shading and Font Colours, Adjusting Column Widths and Row Heights, Changing Cell Alignment, Formatting Numbers & Customer Formats, Applying Cell Styles, Find, Replace and Go To, Moving and Copying, Fixing Worksheet Titles, Copying Data into Word.
- Sorting and Filtering – Creating a Table using Quick Analysis, Formatting a Table, Using Filter, Sorting, Adding Sub-Totals, Removing Duplicates, Creating Customer Views.
- Printing – Page Setup, Scale to Fit, Sheet Options, Page Layout View, Page Break Preview, Headers and Footers.
- Creating Charts – Quick Analysis, Recommended Charts, Creating an Embedded Chart, Creating a Chart as a Separate Sheet, Moving a Chart, Formatting a Chart.