Technology and globalization have dispersed corporations across states and borders like never before. The key to managing remote workers is for leaders to adjust management styles and approaches. Whether communicating with a colleague in the next office or across the world, virtual and remote working is the norm of the twenty-first century. In this course, you gain the skills to lead teams that deliver results across multisite and multinational environments. You also learn to manage the collaboration of virtual teams via e-communications and technology.
Who will this course benefit?
This course is aimed for Managers responsible for teams based in different locations.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explore the needs of remote employees and what impacts their performance.
- Identify the enhanced competencies needed to lead remote teams.
- Learn how to operate in a matrix environment, across the country or divisional cultures and different working practices
- Be shown how to communicate effectively with limited face to face time.
- How to build joint plans to ensure the team delivers the required results.
- Introduction and overview of remote management
- Analysing the impact of distance on collaborative working
- Establishing the foundation for effective collaboration
- Evaluating your readiness
- Building and maintaining a successful virtual team
- Networking and fostering relationships with key influencers
Maximum number of participants: